Recently many e-commerce sellers face the problem of connecting Shopify stores to Amazon. For those sellers who are using both Amazon and Shopify sale channels, they must integrate both of them by using the 3P tool. As per the current update on 27 September 2021, Shopify is no longer allowing a direct connection with Amazon.
Once new sellers click on the Shopify link to activate the integration, then it takes me to the amazon page asking to Authorize a new developer. Afterwards you acknowledge by click on the “I understand” box, then you get below error message:
Something went wrong,
This Developer is not currently eligible for new authorizations
Error Code: MD9000
When you contact with Shopify store you are likely to get following responses below:
- “Our developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it.”
- “I need it to escalate this to my colleagues at technical so they are aware you are having issues as well and so that they can help you further.”
Shopify will no longer support the existing Amazon sales channel as of September 27, 2021. After this date, you must use new partner apps to integrate your store with Amazon. To continue managing Amazon directly from Shopify, our partners have developed new integrations that will continue to reliably import and fulfill Amazon orders in Shopify. With these new apps, you’ll be able to:
- Sync all order information within Shopify in real-time, including orders fulfilled on Amazon
- Create listings and offers in all available Amazon categories
- Edit published products and offers individually and in bulk within Shopify
Benefits Shopify with Amazon integration?
- Shopify-Amazon integration offers you the opportunity to connect with potential customers searching on its marketplace. Sellers can even pull ratings and reviews from Amazon through the use of Shopify’s technical solutions.
- Sell where your customers shop. This multi-channel selling enables you to understand what and where exactly your potential shoppers exist.
- Shopify allows you to sync your store content with Amazon content, from product descriptions to images to inventory level to pricing.
- Reserve your inventory and set unique prices for your Amazon product listings. Make the best use of Shopify reports to reconcile Amazon sales.